Wednesday 5 March 2008

Oops.... I forgot


I promised a certain someone to speak about him in my first post. He started it as a bet but I think it ended as a sort of joke.
But I'll do it anyway.
This certain someone is my neighbour in Labédoyère (our student housing) and everyone is persuaded that he is an awful neighbor. In fact he's not. Except maybe in exam periods.
I'll explain: maybe he is very noisy and always nervous and sometimes says mean things without noticing, all that during the day (I think he should truly decrease the amount of coffee he drinks, it may perhaps solve some of his problems of stress or hyperactivity).
In fact I don't really hear him in the evening or at night. I looked for reasons because everyone told me it wasn't possible:
1) He's never at home. It could be the case but I doubt it.
2) The workers that renovated the flat did a really good job and my home is super-soundproof. It could be the case too but why is it that I hear cars passing by down the street?
3) I always listen to music too loud and I'm almost deaf. Am I really ?
Last possibility, he's indeed calm when he's alone. Yes that's possible, I'm sure of it.
What I'd like is that he would be calm during exam periods. Because I really don't hate him, but he really stresses me out when he goes out, something like 30 minutes before it is time, the morning of an important exam and that I'm still in my bed when he bangs the door, waking me up and making me totally panicked because I think I'm late.
Or in the morning when I have my breakfast and that I hear him walking (I don't know how he does it, kicking the floor maybe with his feet) on the other side of the wall, as if he is in a rush (maybe he is but he also manages to ruin my day by making me unable to enjoy my breakfast peacefully).
Despite all that, he's a totally charming neighbour.
Sometimes too, it just seems strange to me when we're talking on msn knowing that we are just on each side of the same wall. But it doesn't matter.
Picture from Kikan S of Summer 2006 (japanese mag). I don't know the name of the author. I don't read enough kanjis yet.

No comments: